About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The Company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, and Georgia.
Syracuse Feedyard is actively looking for a Roll Operator to join our feedmill team! The Roll Operator is responsible for operating the industrial roller equipment to flake corn for feed rations.
- Operate pellet mills where applicable and necessary.
- Operate roller mills where applicable and necessary.
- Document details of processes.
- Assist with maintenance of feed mill equipment.
- Assist with housekeeping in feed mill.
- Follow all OSHA and Syracuse Feedyard Safety Guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent level of education.
- Prefer previous manufacturing or mixing experience.
- Ability to operate and understand mechanical equipment.
- Possess mechanical skills to perform minor maintenance tasks on equipment and property.
- Work ethic of the highest integrity.
- Commitment to dependability and willingness to work to meet goals and deadlines.
Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly Position
- Competitive health insurance package
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 100% paid retirement through Employee Stock Ownership Plan
This position is based in a fast paced agricultural setting and is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and vibrations. The employees is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate but occasionally may be loud. PPE will be provided and must be utilized according to safety standards. Typical working hours are based on customer and organizational demand; hours may be long, irregular and including weekends and holidays during peak season.
While performing job functions the employee will be required to talk and hear most of the time. The employee will spend frequent intervals moving and sitting, while also needing to reach, bend, twist, crawl, crouch, stoop or kneel. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and able to climb ladders. The physicality of this job is high.