Feed Truck Driver
About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 700,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The Company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, and Georgia.
Ulysses Feedyard is actively seeking a Feed Truck Driver to add to their Feed Department Team. The Feed Truck Driver is directly responsible for providing safe, efficient, and high-quality feed deliveries to the cattle at the bunk. This requires polished communications skills and the ability to deliver feed consistently and accurately. A successful candidate for the position will be skilled at adapting to their work environment and working in a fast paced environment.
Roles and Tasks
- Ensures correct and timely ration placement
- Maintains accurate ration records and reporting documentation to the appropriate managers
- Responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness, and overall operational integrity of equipment used
- Continual observation of cattle and surroundings to report any issues
- Participates in the maintenance and cleanliness of bunks before and after inclement weather
- Continual observation and adherence of safety policies and procedures
- Communicate with head bunk reader regarding current and potential opportunities for improvement
- Ability to prioritize work related task and meet scheduling expectations consistently
- 1 Year of relevant experience -Preferred
- High School Degree, GED, or technical school education – preferred
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Long-term sitting, driving, some lifting, and shoveling
- Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to access feed truck
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions with exposure to rain, sleet, snow, hair, heat, cold, wind, dust, etc.
- Wages based on qualifications, skills, and experience
- Competitive benefits package – health, life, dental, and vision
- 100% paid retirement through Employee Stock Ownership Plan