About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 700,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The Company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, and Georgia.
The foreman is responsible for management of cattle intake through daily feed calls and delivery of feed rations. The foreman will have supervision over the feed delivery crew and report directly to the Feed Delivery Manager.
- Cattle Feed Intake:
- Determine daily feed calls based on cattle intake patterns, cattle type, weight, health, and weather. Foreman will visually appraise cattle behavior and bunk condition to accurately determine appropriate feed requirements. Foreman will be responsible for coordinating feed requirements and timing with feed delivery, hay delivery, and cattle shipping/receiving when receiving fresh cattle.
- Daily management of feed truck crew to insure correct, accurate, and timely delivery of all rations. Visual inspection and appraisal of the feed ration.
- Truck Maintenance
- Safety Program:
- Shared responsibility with Feed Delivery Manager for daily operating expenditures in the feed delivery department.
- Expense Budgets
- Day to day Supervision:
- New employee orientation and training of Feed Delivery employees. Assist Feed Delivery Manage on annual performance and wage reviews. Deliver appropriate coaching, direction, and daily supervision of Processing employees against productivity, quality, and animal husbandry practices.
- Obtained college degree in an agriculture related field
- Prior knowledge and experience in one or more of cattle production segments (cow-calf, stocker, cattle feeding) is preferred
- Other knowledge or related agriculture experience that demonstrates knowledge of cattle production and desire to work in cattle feeding industry will be considered
- Strong work ethic
- Passionate about agriculture/cattle industry
Pay and Benefits:
- Salaried position with wages based on qualifications, skills, and experience
- Competitive health insurance package
- 100% paid retirement through (ESOP) Employee Stock Ownership Plan