Summer 2021 Engineering Internship
About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 700,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. Cactus Varied Industries encompasses the Millwright and Fabrication division of the company.
The Engineering Internship is a 10-week internship, beginning the first week of June and ending the first week of August. The Engineering Intern will assist with manufacturing-focused projects from start to finish. Additionally, the intern will plan and execute an individualized project to complete during their summer internship.
About the position:
The Engineering Intern will be located at Cactus Varied Industries in Amarillo, Texas. The intern will gain experience with drafting, rigging, fabrication, and design. The Engineering Intern will report to Walt Garrison, the Director of Operations.
- Gain an understanding of Cactus Varied Industries and its operational objectives
- Assists with new product design and implementation
- Engineering and drafting
- Documents the progress of ongoing projects
- Communicate with employees diverse in language ability, education, and experience
- Plan and execute a Millwright/Fabrication project
- Responsible for daily and weekly maintenance
- Abide by all safety regulations and procedures
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior currently enrolled in an accredited college or trade school
- Student enrolled in a degree/certification program in one of the following fields: Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related degree.
- Willing to relocate to Amarillo, Texas for the internship experience
- Possesses both initiative and resourcefulness to complete projects with limited supervision
- Experience working with AutoCAD software is a plus
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to internship duties
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Pay and Benefits:
- Salaried Internship
- Housing is provided for the 10-week internship
Disclosure: At this time, Cactus Varied Industries is unable to host candidates for the internship who are applying for or who have already obtained a work visa such as H-1B to begin working in the United States.