Cactus Cares Foundation Internship - Summer 2021
About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 700,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The Company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, and Georgia.
About Cactus Cares:
Cactus Cares is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit committed to feeding a hungry world, starting with family, friends, and neighbors in our own communities across the U.S. We collaborate with local-level foundations and institutions to serve our communities.
Location: Amarillo, Texas
The Cactus Cares Foundation Internship is a ten-week paid internship where students become involved with philanthropic outreach and food security efforts. An intern will have the opportunity to champion their own community service project throughout the summer. Additionally, the student will assist with marketing, event planning, and the Cactus Cares Scholarship Foundation.
- Student with interest in food sustainability and philanthropy
- Student at an accredited university pursuing an agricultural degree
- All college grade levels are considered (Sophomore and Junior students are preferred)
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set goals and prioritize tasks
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
Pay and Benefits:
- Paid Internship
- Intern Housing is provided