Feedyard Summer Internship
Feedyard Summer Internship Program
About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., an Amarillo, Texas based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is now 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 700,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion dollars. The Company has cattle feedlots throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina and Georgia.
About the Summer Internship Program:
Our Cactus Feeders summer internship is a 10-week paid internship in one of our larger feedyards located in SW Kansas and the Texas Panhandle. Students that are selected for the internship will work directly with Feed Delivery Management, Cattle Management, Mill Production Management, and Operations Management. Our goal is to give students full exposure to the feedyard for them to see first-hand what a career at Cactus Feeders would be like.
- Junior, Senior, Graduate student on the path to get a college degree in Agriculture related field
- Background in agriculture/beef industry (Preferred)
- Proven Leadership capabilities and background
- Willing to immerse self in company work and company culture
- Effective interpersonal/ communication skills
- Willing to relocate for the summer
- Team player
- Positive mindset
- Passion for agriculture