Feed Truck Driver - Wrangler Feedyard
About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The Company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, and Georgia.
Wrangler Feedyard in Tulia, Texas
Wrangler Feedyard is actively seeking a Feed Truck Driver to add to their Feed Department Team. The Feed Truck Driver is directly responsible for providing safe, efficient, and high-quality feed deliveries to the cattle at the bunk. This requires polished communications skills and the ability to deliver feed consistently and accurately. A successful candidate for the position will be skilled at adapting to their work environment and working in a fast-paced environment.
Roles and Tasks
- Ensures correct and timely ration placement
- Maintains accurate ration records and reporting documentation to the appropriate managers
- Responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness, and overall operational integrity of equipment used
- Continual observation of cattle and surroundings to report any issues
- Participates in the maintenance and cleanliness of bunks before and after inclement weather
- Continual observation and adherence of safety policies and procedures
- Communicate with head bunk reader regarding current and potential opportunities for improvement
- Ability to prioritize work related task and meet scheduling expectations consistently
- 1 Year of relevant experience – Preferred
- High School Degree, GED, or technical school education – preferred
- Competitive wages based on qualifications, skills, and experience
- Full coverage benefits package – health, life, dental, and vision
- 100% paid retirement through Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP
Cactus Feeders provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.