Yard Maintenance Crew Member
Location: Frontier Feedyard in Spearman, Texas
About the Company:
Frontier Feedyard is 1 of 10 Cactus Feeder’s locations based in Spearman, Texas. Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and over 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The Company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, and Georgia.
The Yard Maintenance Crew Member is responsible for manure management, repair, maintenance, and installation of equipment, upkeep of buildings, grounds, and feed bunk systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies, cleans, and maintains pens
- Maintains road surfaces, bunk pads, pens, and alleys by filling in holes, controlling dust and removing accumulated manure; takes care to leave hard pack intact while also maintaining pen slope and grade; and operates heavy equipment.
- Helps ensure continuous supply of fresh water to cattle by performing repairs to water system and tanks.
- Mows grass/weeds and sweeps bunks by operating tractor/mower; replaces broken cable, clips or fence; paints or re-paints pens, building, etc.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing servicing requirements specified by manager (may include: fueling, checking fluid levels, checking filters, greasing, and cleaning equipment).
- Expected to demonstrate understanding of company policies and adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to weld and run basic equipment (skidsteer and forklift)
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment when observing safety and security procedures and reporting potentially unsafe conditions.
- Complies with all applicable safety rules and policies.
- High School Degree, GED, or Technical Degree, preferred
- 1-2 Years of welding experience, preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly position with wages based on qualifications, skills, and experience
- Competitive and affordable insurance (Health + Dental + Vision)
- 100% paid retirement through (ESOP) Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Cactus Feeders provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.