Feedmill Operator - Southwest Feedyard
About the Company:
Southwest Feedyard is 1 of 10 Cactus Feeders Feedyard locations. Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial-fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and over 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The Company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas, with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, and Georgia.
Southwest Feedyard in Hereford, Texas, is actively seeking a Feedmill Operator to join our team!
A feedmill operator is responsible for running feedmill equipment to batch feed rations for the cattle. Job responsibilities include working with boilers, steamers, and flakers to produce the feed and observing and inspecting machinery to ensure that all equipment runs effectively to reduce any setbacks in production.
- Inspect machinery daily
- Observe and follow the computer system to batch feed and detect maintenance tasks needed
- Assist crew with daily mill housekeeping items, cleaning and organizing work areas
- Maintain inventory of feedmill ingredients
- Comply with safety practices, procedures, and mandatory regulations such as EPA, FDA, and OSHA
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree or GED preferred, but not required
- Mechanical knowledge and working knowledge of feedmill systems is a plus
- General Understanding of boilers and electrical systems is a plus
- 1-2 years’ experience operating heavy equipment
- Team Player with effective communication to team members and Feedmill Manager
- Must be able to walk and stand for an extended time
- Must be able to work in a constant moving environment
Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly position with wages based on qualifications, skills, and experience
- Competitive health + dental + vision insurance package
- 100% paid retirement through Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Cactus Feeders provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.