Office Clerk - Wrangler Feedyard
About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial-fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is now 100% Employee Owned, with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and over 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion dollars. The Company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas, with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, and Georgia.
Location: Wrangler Feedyard is 1 of 10 Cactus Feeders Feedyard locations. Wrangler Feedyard is the primary research feedyard located in Tulia, Texas.
Type of Position: Full-time Position. The work schedule is Monday-Friday with occasional weekend hours.
About the Position:
The Office Clerk will report to the Office Manager of Wrangler Feedyard. The Office Clerk will be responsible for greeting visitors, answering and directing phone calls, assisting with bookkeeping, and supporting the commodity, cattle, and research departments.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Maintain and update bookkeeping and accounting logs
- Assist with job functions related to the success of the commodity, research, and cattle departments, such as:
- Tracking invoices and receipts for cattle purchase cost, feed charges, and other accounts payable charges
- Working with the accounts payable team at the corporate office to reconcile transactions and payments
- Operating Microsoft Office products such as excel and word to generate reports
- Recording grain transfers
- Assist incoming and outgoing trucks and utilize the scale system to record weights
- Communicate with vendors and update them accordingly
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior Experience with feedyard office work is preferred, but training is available for this role
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills are a plus but not required
- Exhibit strong attendance/punctuality
- Telephone Skills with strong oral and written communication
- Polished Microsoft Office Skills
- Maintains professionalism while providing customer focus
- Organized with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on level of importance and need
- Competitive pay based on education, skills, and experience
- 100% Paid Retirement through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Affordable Full-Coverage Benefits Package – Health + Dental + Vision
Cactus Feeders provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.