Night Watchman - Ulysses Feedyard
About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The Company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, and Georgia.
The Night Watchman is responsible for maintaining the security of the Ulysses Feedyard at night. In this position, the Night Watchman actively monitors and completes the necessary task to ensure that the feedyard is secure and maintained during nighttime. The Night Watchman reports to the Cattle Manager.
- Provide security to the feedyard at night, periodically driving the yard to ensure that it is secure
- Report to Cattle Manager on all incoming cattle arrivals during the shift
- Monitor and record the slick time of feed bunks
- Maintain general housekeeping as needed
- Ensure compliance with the company Animal Handling and Welfare Policy
- Comply with all procedures, policies, rules, and regulations of the Company, OSHA, and HACCP
- Promptly communicate with the management team about any issues that arise
- Complete seasonal dust observations upon management’s request
- Maintain consistent and reliable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three month’s related experience and/or training
- Must possess a certified driver’s license
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to observe and enforce safety and security procedures
Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly Position
- Competitive and affordable Benefits Package - Health + Dental + Vision
- 100% paid retirement through Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Cactus Feeders provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.