Feed Foreman - Centerfire Feedyard
About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and over 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The Company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas, with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, and Georgia.
Location: Centerfire Feedyard in Ulysses, Kansas
The Feed Foreman is an entry-level management position. The foreman is responsible for managing cattle feed intake, daily feed truck productivity, quality control, truck maintenance, assisting with the safety program, expense budgets, and any day-to-day supervision tasks.
- Cattle Feed Intake: Determine daily feed calls based on cattle intake patterns, cattle type, weight, health, and weather. Foreman will visually appraise cattle behavior and bunk condition to determine appropriate feed requirements accurately. Foreman will be responsible for coordinating feed requirements and timing with feed delivery, hay delivery, and cattle shipping/receiving when receiving fresh cattle.
- Productivity: Daily management of feed truck crew to ensure correct, accurate, and timely delivery of all rations. Visual inspection and appraisal of the feed ration.
- Truck Maintenance: Oversee preventative and scheduled maintenance on all feed trucks, scales, and feeding system computers.
- Safety Program: Shared responsibility with Feed Delivery Manager for daily operating expenditures in the feed delivery department.
- Expense Budgets: Shared responsibility with the Feed Delivery Manager for daily operating expenditures in the feed delivery department.
- Day to day Supervision: New employee orientation and training of Feed Delivery employees. Assist Feed Delivery Manager on annual performance and wage reviews. Deliver appropriate coaching, direction, and daily supervision of processing employees against productivity, quality, and animal husbandry practices.
- Obtained a bachelor’s or associate’s degree in an agriculture-related field (preferred)
- Prior knowledge and experience in one or more of cattle production segments (cow-calf, stocker, cattle feeding) is preferred
- Other knowledge or related agriculture experience that demonstrates knowledge of cattle production and desire to work in the cattle feeding industry will be considered
- Possess a strong work ethic and self-starter mentality
- Willingness to contribute to agriculture and the fed cattle industry
Pay and Benefits:
- Salaried position with wages based on qualifications, skills, and experience
- Competitive health insurance package – Health + Dental + Vision
- 100% paid retirement through (ESOP) Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- This position is eligible for merit raises and a year-end performance bonus
Cactus Feeders provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.