About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 850,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The Company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina and Georgia.
Location: Hale Center Feedyard in Hale Center, Texas
Position Type: Full-Time
About the Position: Creating and maintaining a clean water tank environment in each pen to provide clean and fresh water for all cattle. This position is responsible for cleaning the water tanks according to company policy.
- Removes all algae/moss, feed, manure, dirt, or other materials from each water tank on the feedyard—Refill the tank with fresh water after the cleaning process.
- Ensures tank operation is successful and refilling with water.
- Reports any issues with tanks to their direct supervisor.
- Complies with all applicable safety rules and Company policies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret various instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly Position - Competitive wages based on skills, education, and experience
- Full Coverage Health + Dental + Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 100% Paid Retirement through the (ESOP) Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Cactus Feeders provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.