Yard Maintenance Crew Member
About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 700,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The Company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, and Georgia.
The Yard Maintenance Crew Member is responsible for manure management, repair, maintenance, and installation of equipment, upkeep of buildings, grounds, and feed bunk systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies, cleans, and maintains pens
- Maintains road surfaces, bunk pads, pens, and alleys by filling in holes, controlling dust and removing accumulated manure; takes care to leave hard pack intact while also maintaining pen slope and grade; and operates heavy equipment.
- Helps ensure continuous supply of fresh water to cattle by performing repairs to water system and tanks.
- Mows grass/weeds and sweeps bunks by operating tractor/mower; replaces broken cable, clips or fence; paints or re-paints pens, building, etc.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing servicing requirements specified by manager (may include: fueling, checking fluid levels, checking filters, greasing, and cleaning equipment).
- Expected to demonstrate understanding of company policies and adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment when observing safety and security procedures and reporting potentially unsafe conditions.
- Complies with all applicable safety rules and policies.
- Provide a driver’s license and complete a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record Report
- High School Degree, GED, or Technical Degree
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly position with wages based on qualifications, skills, and experience
- Competitive health insurance package
- 100% paid retirement through (ESOP) Employee Stock Ownership Plan
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles.
- The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.