About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 700,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The Company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas, with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, and Georgia.
We are hiring a Staff Accountant for our Corporate Office in Amarillo, Texas. A successful candidate for our Accounting Team will have a high attention to detail, strong communication skills, and be a team player.
- Assist preparation of the monthly close process, including a high-level understanding of all necessary journal entries
- Analyzing and preparing financial statements that include but are not limited to; balance sheets, profit, and loss statements, cash flow statements, etc.
- Preparing documents for internal and external reports
- Performing day to day bookkeeping
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Protects the organization's value by keeping the information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Recent College Graduate/2+ years of relevant prior experience; Public Accounting experience preferred
- Experience with enterprise accounting systems; Navision preferred
- Self-motivated with the initiative to be an asset to the accounting team; Ability to learn quickly, produce results, and work with deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Pay and Benefits:
- Salaried position with wages based on qualifications, skills, and experience
- Competitive health insurance package
- 100% paid retirement through Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)