Business Intelligence Developer
About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 700,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas, with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, and Georgia.
We are searching for a creative Business Intelligence Developer to join the Cactus Feeders Information Technology team. The Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, monitoring, and extending the data warehouse and analytics tools to meet our client's business analysis and reporting needs.
- Follow standard SDLC processes, from requirements gathering, functional design, technical design, system testing, integration testing, deployment, and support related to SQL development projects and enterprise data integration efforts.
- Engage closely with business partners and team members to determine business needs and provide expertise to deliver the appropriate reporting solutions.
- Act as subject matter expert in all areas of SQL report development and data integration.
- Gather user requirements and convert business requirements into useful business tools.
- Create, modify, read and understand stored procedures.
- Pilot and provide proof-of-concept solutions around next-generation business intelligence and analytics tools, specifically in the ETL and data integration space.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, MIS, information technology, or similar preferred.
- Strong background in latest versions of Tableau Desktop/Server (2018.x)
- 3+ years of experience within a Tableau Server environment; developing worksheets, dashboards, data extracts, scheduling, performance tuning, and stories in Tableau.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL solutions, including T-SQL/SSRS/SSIS
- Applied understanding of SDLC
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into visual designs for interactive dashboards is required
- Experience with Tableau Server administration preferred
- Experience with ETL solutions preferred
- Experience with SQL, Stored Procedures & writing complex queries preferred
- Experience working on Enterprise Data Warehouse environment preferred
Pay and Benefits:
- Salaried position with wages based on qualifications, skills, and experience
- Competitive health insurance package
- 100% paid retirement through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan