Transportation Logistics Manager
About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 800,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas, with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, Georgia, Nebraska and Minnesota.
The Transportation Logistics Manager will oversee all Transportation operations including management of drivers, outside contract transportation companies and logistics of animal loads. Additional responsibilities include overseeing truck wash operations and solid collaboration with wean to finish system operations. The Transportation Logistics Manager is a full-time, department management position with the supervision of 15-20 employees.
- Establishes, standardizes, and improves the transportation and truck wash systems, processes, and costs for optimal operation and efficiency.
- Manages 15-20 employees within the truck wash and transportation departments.
- Manages truck and trailer leases and contracts.
- Oversees maintenance, repairs, and replacement of all trucks and trailers including supplies and equipment purchasing for drivers and truck wash facilities.
- Oversees and manages internal and third party drivers and relationships.
- State and federal safety compliance – on/off road.
- Ensures proper scheduling of animal loads and communicates transportation with packers, sow farms, finishers, drivers, and others involved.
- Ensures compliance with all bio-security standards.
- Collaboration with Wean to Finish management, contractors, and processes.
- Handles supplier and customer needs and concerns in a timely manner.
- Accurately maintains administrative records.
- Identifies/solves operational problems and informs appropriate personnel across systems.
- Performs any other duties that enhance departments’ smooth and effective operation.
- 3 years experience managing agricultural transportation and drivers
- Livestock transportation experience preferred
- Aptitude to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong internal and external cross-communication
- Organizational skills to maintain schedules and ensure all deadlines are met
- Ability to hire, manage, and train employees
Pay and Benefits:
- Salaried position with wages based on qualifications, skills, and experience
- Competitive health insurance package
- 100% paid retirement through Employee Stock Ownership Plan