Summer 2021 Business Analysis Internship
About the Company:
Cactus Feeders, Inc., is an Amarillo, Texas-based producer of commercial fed cattle and market hogs. Originally founded as a family company in 1975, Cactus Feeders is 100% Employee Owned with its 800+ employees producing a million fed cattle and 700,000 market hogs annually with gross revenues of over $1 Billion. The company has cattle feedyards throughout the Texas Panhandle and Southwest Kansas with hog operations in Iowa, South Carolina, and Georgia.
The Business Analysis intern will assist in analyzing Cactus Feeders’ operations results and new business opportunities. The goal of the program is to expose students to data analysis and methods of using data to inform decision making. Students will review existing literature and data as well as compile and analyze existing data.
About the position:
The Business Analysis internship is a 10-week internship beginning the first week of June and ending the first week of August. The intern will be responsible for planning and executing an operations or business analysis project, which will be presented to the company at the conclusion of their internship. The Business Analysis intern will be based in the Cactus Feeders Corporate Office in Amarillo, but may travel to feedyard locations as needed.
- Summarize and present production data
- Analyze current business or production results and new business opportunities
- Compile and analyze data using Microsoft Excel, Tableau, or statistical analysis software
- Review and summarize literature as requested
- Travel to feedyard locations in the Texas Panhandle and Southwestern Kansas
- Current junior, senior, or graduate student (including MBA) studying Agricultural Business, Economics, Animal Science, or related field at an accredited university
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required, proficiency in Tableau or statistical analysis software preferred
- The student must be self-motivated and willing to spend a significant amount of time performing data analysis using a computer
- Student with an agricultural background is preferred (not required)
- Student who has completed a college-level statistics course
- Student with exposure to research or the desire to pursue a master’s degree is beneficial
Pay and Benefits:
- Paid Internship
- Housing is provided